Erlene Reher Still

Erlene (Reher) Still passed away on December 22 in California...
Erlene was the daughter of Hugo & Olga Reher.



Erlene with her husband Ray - 2007



I received the following note from Erlene's daughter Marilyn Kowalski...


To My Family and Friends,
You are all family to me and thus I decided to send you this e-card to let you know that my mother passed away this am, peacefully at her home.
She fought the fight of ovarian cancer for over 2 1/2 years, fearlessly. When she finally sought relief from chemo, she was ready to be with God, ready to see her recently deceased sister (also with cancer) and her husband of 68 years. Just prior to her death, she often spoke to family and friends who had gone before, including my aunt and my dad. She had a long and rich life, with four children, many grandchildren and great grandchildren, including one just recently announced and due this summer.
Today, greedily I am sad, I miss her already. But I have all faith that she is with God and his Son. I thank each of you for all your many warm and caring messages, thoughts and prayers over these past years. Your support meant so very much to me. It would have been a much longer path without you. With the approach of this holiday season I pray for you each to experience the peace and love of God as I know it today, for I know she is there with Him, Over The Rainbow, in Heaven.

Many thanks for all your prayers and kind thoughts and words.

God Bless you.

Most Sincerely,

Marilyn K.



Erlene's funeral is Friday, January 7, at 10 am at:
Our Savior's Lutheran Church
1320 W. Williams St., Banning, CA, 92220

For directions check their web site: Our Savior's Lutheran Church

In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be sent, in Erlene's name, to Our Savior’s Lutheran Church .

There is an online Guest Book at the funeral home's website that you may sign with a note of condolences... Guest Book




















Erlene (left) with her sister Luella

Erlene's graduation photo


Erlene Betty Reher was the eldest daughter of Hugo and Olga Heesch Reher.
She was born in Phillips, Nebraska January 8, 1922.
On November 15, 1941 she married Raymond Still in Las Vegas, Nevada.
They had four children: David, Marilyn, Charles and Barbara.
Ray and Erlene spent most of their married life living in southern California.
Ray died May 14, 2009 after a brief illness.

* * *

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

efJodi, many thanks to you for putting mom's info into your "Rare Ramblings" blogg.
My mother was from a generation lucky enough to see many new, and highly progressive techniques used to share communication. Funny as it is mom wouldn't have known or understood what a "blogg" is, yet today we often communicate important information this way thru the internet. And so today we are sharing this news of mom's passing. She was ready to go, often wondering why God had not taken her. When the time came she was relaxed and she slipped from this earthly life to God's arms without a whisper. Now as I enter this comment into Rare Ramblings, I wonder how many generations it will be before communication will be confirmed with those who have gone ahead. I sure wish it was in mine.
m.a.k.